Old 30-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Happy'Cam'per

Default Crypts growing plants on leaves

Hi Vicki

Try not to force them off the mother plant as they are so delicate and small
that you could damage them. Once removed you can let them float for a week
or 2 at the surface, this will give them a bit of time to grow and develop
roots. They can be planted normally as soon as the root system can support
them. HTH. Crypts are just too kewl
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

"Vicki" wrote in message
om...
I bought some crypts for my tank about a month ago and besides putting
out new leaves some of the older leaves have began sprouting new
plants. What I want to know is what to do with the new plants. I
want the main plant to bush out, not start new ones. If I cut off the
plantlets will it cause the main plant to put out even more or will it
stop. I read something about it in last months issue of TFH but
didn't get much out of the article except that they are hardy plants.

Thanks for any info I can get,
Vicki