Old 30-03-2004, 10:32 AM
China

Default Snow Gum

G'day Magoo,
Mr. Magoo where are you, Mr Magoo where is the
Eucalypt, Oh Magoo where did you get the Snow gum from, give us some info
to go on, is this tree growing down in the Snowy? .... (:-) ....

China
Wingham
NSW

p.s. Amateurs built the Ark.
It took professionals to build the Titanic!

"magoo" wrote in message

I have a snow gum which is a couple of years old now and about 3m high.

On
some branches there are small splits with a little sap oozing out. This

is
not a wide spread thing, only on some of the main branches. Too look at

it,
it's almost as if the tree is growing faster than the bark can support it.
I understand the reason behind the sap, but not sure why the small splits
have occurred on the branches. I recall this happened last year too, but
with no (obvious at least) adverse affects. Anyone any ideas?