Old 30-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Jim Elbrecht

Default Of interest to gardening computer weenies and/or marijuna growers

"Cereus-validus" wrote:

I hope the woman gets herself a good lawyer and sues the porkers blue. She
certainly could use the money.

Sounds like it, eh. I surprised that $300 raises eyebrows in CA.
I live in a household of 4 with 2 teens & we spend $150-200 on 12-1500
KWH. I thought we were in a cheaper area of the country especially
compared to CA. Anyone from CA willing to venture a guess as to what
$250 represents in KWH?

Too bad she wasn't growing starter tomato and pepper plants under
fluorescent lights too. They might have claimed they were a new type of
marijuana.

There have been stories about orchid growers being busted by over-anxious
police because they were propagating their plants under fluorescent lights
and the cops weren't bright enough to distinguish rare plants from pot.

-snip-

20 years [or so] ago our Governor wanted to show off his new infra-red
technology for busting rural pot growers. He, the gendarmes & and a
handful of reporters started cruising rural Schenectady county NY in
several helicopters. Their new toy spotted a field with several
plants & they set down to make a huge and very public bust---- but it
turned out to be tomato plants.

ooops--

Jim