Old 30-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Salty Thumb

Default Of interest to gardening computer weenies and/or marijuna growers

"Starlord" wrote in news:homdnVJzt8L0m_TdRVn-
:

trouble is, the computers don't use up the power, it's those washing
machines and dryers that guzzle the power. I've watched my power and
even with ALL 4 of my machines running, I get all of maybe $5.00 more
on my bill, but I don't go over $30 to $40 on my 2 bedroom trailer.

The washing machines and dryers have got to use a lot, esp. if the washing
machine is on electric hot water. I don't know how that compares to
computers, but if you take a monitor @35W (average 1/4 100W on, 3/4 15W
standby) + a computer @300W (assuming no power saving) x3, that's 1 KW
already.

Here's a large list of x86 processors with max power consumption if anyone
is interested:

http://users.erols.com/chare/elec.htm

It includes the latest processors.