Old 30-03-2004, 10:43 PM
David Hill

Default Train noise block

".............. jets screaming out of hell ......."

We used to live close to an oil refinery and in the mid 70's we used to get
5 or 6 flights of 7 fighters on practice runs using us as a turning point
both on outward and return legs of their flights.
Then with problems in the Middle east fuel prices went up around 500% in
just over a year and have never stopped rising, Petrol (Gas) now costs us
around 79p ($1.44) per Litre.
The result we now see about 1 plane a couple of times a month.
The moral is that when fuel costs are low no one thinks twice about wasting
it, but there comes a time when costs are just to much for the tax payer to
put up with, but whilst low fuel costs remain a sacred cow protected by all
politicians then there is a price to pay.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries