Old 30-03-2004, 11:35 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Adding dechlorinator when topping up - kinda long

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
news
Needed to top up the pond, my area uses Chloramine, so I have to use
dechlorinator.

The bottle said to add 1 capful for every 20 gallons of water, but how
many gallons did I need to add, and how to calculate it, and how do I
add the stuff?
snip

I was baffled by this the first time I had to add it. Now I use a tried and
true method. When my auto-water change system(translation: Leaking Stream)
brings the pond down about 3-4 inches, I know that the pond will now hold an
additional 175-200 gallons of water. I treat the VF for 200 gallons, and set
my hose to pour out 200 gallons. Home Depot has a fancy little $15.00 device
to allow you to set the number of gallons you want, and then the hose shuts
off.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com