Old 31-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Brian

Default Of interest to gardening computer weenies and/or marijuna growers

Our large local police station had a side entrance for officers on foot. For
100 yards this passed the rear gardens of local houses with only a wire
fence separating the footpath. Used by dozens daily.
One garden, owned by an elderly lady, was totally overgrown with healthy
marijuana. Some even overhanging the wire and had to be brushed aside to
walk past. It went totally unrecognised by both the police and locals for
months.
Eventually she had her whole garden dug over for free and just a polite
note asking her not to spread her birds' droppings and unused seed on the
garden!!
A little did return but someone kept the garden clear for her.
I never did know if there were any red faces etc.
Best Wishes.

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from Jim Elbrecht contains these words:

20 years [or so] ago our Governor wanted to show off his new infra-red
technology for busting rural pot growers. He, the gendarmes & and a
handful of reporters started cruising rural Schenectady county NY in
several helicopters. Their new toy spotted a field with several
plants & they set down to make a huge and very public bust---- but it
turned out to be tomato plants.

In Scotland, growers use the attic space, where visitors never go and
grow-lights don't show. Attics in Scotland are cold, so they have to
heat the plants.

The police helicopters use a heat-detector to spot roofs which are
radiating more heat than normal :-)

Janet.