Old 31-03-2004, 07:32 AM
gregpresley

Default poppy seedlings

poppy seedlings are edible, and can be used as salad greens, so I doubt that
that was the cause of the frog's death. It is the sap in the pods of the
opium poppy which are used to "intoxicate" - and even there, the seeds of
the opium poppy are what we use in poppy seed cakes and bagels. etc
"agnatha3141" wrote in message
s.com...
hi there,
i had a frog that had made its home on my screened in back porch for
quite some time, and this morning i found him ontop of my poppy
seedlings. they are still very small and so i moved him off to another
spot. when i came home he was in the same spot dead. i know this is a
bizzare question, but is it possible that the poppy chemicals that
intoxicate humans could have killed the frog, and if so, are my cats at
risk?
--
agnatha3141