Old 01-04-2004, 06:45 PM
McQualude

Default Any suggestion for a foundation planting to replace shrubs?

(paghat) said:

You don't say your zone, & it makes a big difference. It would also
be nice to know what kind of shrub did NOT do well that you would
like to get rid of it all.

Sorry, zone 7-8, I had added it to my followup post.

I don't know what the existing shrubs are. They grow well enough, I just
don't like them. The leaves are small, the foilage is not particulary
thick and they are a dull dark green. They grow well but don't seem to
like trimming, it seems to stunt their growth and make them look scraggly.

I prefer bright glossy shrubs with fuller foilage, something that looks
cheerful. We have a Holly on the side and I like it quite a bit, but I'm
not sure I want such an aggressive growing plant in the front of the
house.
--
McQualude