Old 01-04-2004, 08:16 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Adding dechlorinator when topping up - kinda long

"Andy Hill" wrote in message
snip
Won't hurt anything, but it's fancier than needed. I know plenty of

freshwater
aquarist who just dump the water conditioner in the tank, then top it off

(if
you're using a Python to vac then top off the tank, this is by far the
least-hassle method).

I agree. Dechlore is mandatory, but not as complicated as it seems. Non
dechlored water is not instaneous death, so dump the dechlor in, top the
pond off. You'll be OK. Disclaimer: I would tend to discuss this topic
differently if refering to filling and not topping off. Anytime we are
talking about more then say 30% water change, the methods are different.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com