Old 01-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Derek Mark Edding

Default Who Sharpens Manual Reel Mowers?

Hi Folks,

I have an old manual push mower, the kind with the whirling reel-shaped
blades. I enjoyed using it to do my relatively small front yard for
exercise, back when the blades were sharp.

Is there anyone who still sharpens this kind of mower's blades in the
Morrisville or Cary vicinity? I'd be willing to take it further out if
necessary.

I like this mower because the blades didn't actually scrape together;
they were precise enough to pass just close enough to shave the grass
without touching. It's quiet. I understand they still use this type to
cut golf course greens.

I've tried adjusting them, but they're too uneven to cut cleanly anymore.

Thanks for any pointers!

-dreq