Old 02-04-2004, 03:39 AM

Default How Clean is Clean?

after 4 years I can still see a water lily label on the bottom of my 4' deep pond
that has the veggie filter. I dont add anything to break stuff down, but the big
difference is the net over the pond all the time AND there are no trees close enough
to dump leaves into our back yard and pond. in fall when I clean the veggie filter,
there is a 2-3 inch deep layer of muck I clean out. Ingrid

"BenignVanilla" wrote:

wrote in message
densely growing plants on teh bottom can accumulate a lot of mulm that

could
potentially be a problem. best is to check for how dirty it is down there

in warm
weather when walking in the pond and plan a cleaning then. Ingrid

snip

I am hoping that once my diffuser is in place on the BD, that the mulm will
be kept to a minimum. What do you think?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.