Old 02-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Victoria Clare

Default hedging plants - chestnuts & golden hop?

I've got about 8-10 feet of bare and wobbly fence where a shed was moved.

Though in some ways I like beech hedging best, I do have 2 young sweet
chestnut trees, a hazel, a holly, and a golden hop tree all sitting in pots
waiting for me to think what to do with them.

I'm tempted to stick them in as a hedge, thus solving 2 problems at a
stroke.

Anyone know how they might behave as a hedge? I want them as a screen and
windbreak rather than necessarily being completely stockproof, and intend
to keep the hedge trimmed to about 3-4 feet.

Victoria

--
Clare Associates Ltd
http://www.clareassoc.co.uk/