Old 02-04-2004, 03:02 PM
namford namford is offline
Registered User

Location: London, UK
Default Vegetarians ( Compost ingredients?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pat Meadows
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 01:17:00 -0400, Jim Carter
wrote:

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:44:19 -0500, zxcvbob wrote in
rec.gardens.edible:

I havn't figured out where vegans and other strict orthodox vegetarians get
their vitamin B12.

What foods provide vitamin B12?

See: http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/b12.htm#reliable

Reliable Vegan Sources of Vitamin B12

A number of reliable vegan food sources for vitamin B12 are
known. One brand of nutritional yeast, Red Star T-6635+, has
been tested and shown to contain active vitamin B12.

The RDA (which includes a safety factor) for adults for
vitamin B12 is 2.4 micrograms daily [4]. 2.4 micrograms of
vitamin B12 are provided by a little less than 1 Tablespoon
of Vegetarian Support Formula (Red Star T-6635+) nutritional
yeast. A number of the recipes in this book contain
nutritional yeast.

snip
Pat
Hi, I would really like to get hold of some of this Vegetarian Support Formula (Red Star T-6635+), but I live in the UK and can only find it available in America. Does anyone know where I can get this in the UK (or a site that will send it to the UK without charging a forune)?

I'd be really grateful if anyone can help me )

Thanks very much,
Natalie.