Old 06-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Deb in AR

Default Ok, I give up..what is it?

I'm new here, and new to gardening, but I am from the deserts of New Mexico,
where yucca thrives. This is nothing like the yucca I've grown up with.
Yucca glauca is the NM state flower, and what I've always seen as "yucca".
What I've known as yucca has long, pointy, hard leaves. In the center of
this mass of leaves will grow a tall stem, often flowering. So what you've
got there doesn't remind me of yucca, but I could be wrong. Here's a link
to yucca glauca.

http://plants.usda.gov/cgi_bin/plant...gi?symbol=YUGL

--
Deb in AR
A desert-rat at heart!

"Cindy" wrote in message
I have two plants in my yard that are mystifying me. The first one is in

my
back yard, in mostly sun/ some shade until late afternoon and has never
bloomed in the last 3 years, if it even blooms at all.

Pics are he

http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/...at_is_it_2.jpg

http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/...what_is_it.jpg

The second is blooming right now, seems to be in a low tree/shrub height
about 3 foot right now. It reminds me of a peach tree yet this has never
bore any fruit at all in the last 2/3 years.

http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/...ure/Blooms.jpg
http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/...re/blooms2.jpg

Thanks so much in advance,

Cindy
Somewhere in the hills of east TN, zone 7

All outgoing mail scanned for viruses.