Old 06-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Mike LaMana

Default Roots of Crabapple Trees, Shallow or Deep?

I wouldn't expect the crabs to pose the heaving problem say of spruce or
maples. But it is hard to predict, and depends as much on the soil and
physical parameters of the rooting zone as much as on the genetic component
of the species. My guess is that you'll be OK.

Out of curiosity...what was there first, the trees or the driveway? If you
are re-doing pavement around existing crabapples be very careful.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

"MichelleB" wrote in message
om...
I want to line my driveway with Crabapple trees but don't want the
roots to eventually push up the cement in the driveway. Does anyone
know if Crabapple Tree roots grow deep or shallow?

Thanks,
Michelle