Old 06-04-2004, 08:56 PM
MichelleB

Default Roots of Crabapple Trees, Shallow or Deep?

I live in Charlotte NC, I'm not sure what southern "zone" that puts me
in?
The soil here is mostly clay and the summers are usually very dry.
The species of crabapples are Eleyi. I was lining them up around the
driveway when a neighbor mentioned the damage her Maple tree had done
to her driveway, which is where my concern comes from. The pavement
is not being redone, the driveway was there first and I'm trying to
decide if planting the crabapples near the driveway would push up the
pavement.

Thanks for your advice!
Michelle