Old 06-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Recommended online company for strawberry/raspberry plants?

Spenser said:

Hello,

I am looking for any recommendations for online companies in the
United States from which I can purchase strawberry and raspberry
plants. Also, are there any specific places to avoid?

I got a catalog for Indiana Berry & Plant Co. (www.inberry.com) this year.
I like the catalog and the feedback at gardenwatchdog.com was
100% positive (not a huge sample, but consistant over several years).

The one deficit, in my opinion, is that they don't carry the raspberry
variety 'Polana' which is possibly the best fall-bearing variety for anyone
in Michigan (or similarly northern areas) since it is so much earlier and
more productive than the long-time standard 'Heritage.'

(attributed to Don Marti)