Old 06-04-2004, 09:24 PM
jammer

Default snails air/water breathers/shipping

I am thinking less water since the one survivor was up in the bag
where the water wasn't.

Am i wrong?

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:15:36 -0600, "Pond Newbie"
wrote:

When in doubt use a large bag, fill it half full of water and
half full of air, add an ice bag and ship the zippity option.

That is about what I did... half water, half air, fast shipping, ice

packs...

I am thinking maybe too many ice packs, because she said the water

was very cold. Although
I did put them in and out of the fridge to lower the water temp

slowly before packing
them... so it would induce a type of hibernation or stasis... but

obviously I didn't lower
the temp enough.

Thanks for the suggestions and the prompt answer! I will try again,

this time with less
icepacks (the post office said 2 days was "NOT guaranteed" so I

wanted to make sure they
didn't cook in the Texas heat). Maybe a bigger bag, and more water,

and more air.

DeAnna