Old 06-04-2004, 09:26 PM
jammer

Default Question about FULL pond.

I know...it really is nice to sit out there. I have a dinky little no
frills thing and I find all kinds of wildlife in and around it. If i
ever...no, WHEN I build a bigger better one with a water fall, I
might have to build myself a shelter around it, because i love being
out there so much already. We still have a night in the 40's coming
up, so i'm sure the toads will wait a bit to come out up here.

Enjoy!!

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:34:41 -0500, "Pond Newbie"
wrote:

Mine are singing for all they are worth right now. I have a wireless

mic in the backyard,
on the table on the porch, which is connected to this computer. As I

type this, I am
listening to toad songs... I hope we have MANY babies! And they ARE

Houston toads
(endangered species) as I actually saw two of them last night. w00t!

*sigh*

I love this place.

Our Mama and Papa Bluebirds are tending lil' ones in the closest

birdhouse (so much for
the bird books and bluebird birdhouse instructions that say they are

shy and private.) We
also have some adorable wrens that last year made a nest in my

petunia hanging basket
(killing the petunias, because I wouldn't water until they'd

fledged.) The barn swallows
have a nest built, and it looks like she is on eggs. She is so tame

she doesn't fly off
when I come to the door anymore (but I am waiting for one of them to

'drop something' on
my head as I unlock the door...hahaha).

I have two huge greenish frogs, I am not sure what kind, that live in

the pond, one of
which was 'assisting me' with installing that foam stuff around the

waterfalls yesterday.
The little rosy red piranhas, errr, minnows nibbled at my legs all

the while, and Charlie
(the comet) decided to give me a taste too. The koi are a lot more

skittish, spending most
of their time behind the flowerpots when I am in the pond.

It is so nice to come home to all this beauty and nature, and relax

by my pond, watching
the piggies eat their food and listening to the trilling of the

toads.

DeAnna