Old 06-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Concerned Citizen

Default Who Sharpens Manual Reel Mowers?

Where did you get that mower? I'd like to have one.

--

Tricia Payne )
"Derek Mark Edding" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi Folks,

I have an old manual push mower, the kind with the whirling

reel-shaped
blades. I enjoyed using it to do my relatively small front yard

for
exercise, back when the blades were sharp.

Is there anyone who still sharpens this kind of mower's blades in

the
Morrisville or Cary vicinity? I'd be willing to take it further

out if
necessary.

I like this mower because the blades didn't actually scrape

together;
they were precise enough to pass just close enough to shave the

grass
without touching. It's quiet. I understand they still use this

type to
cut golf course greens.

I've tried adjusting them, but they're too uneven to cut cleanly

anymore.

Thanks for any pointers!

-dreq