Old 07-04-2004, 12:35 AM
RichToyBox

Default Koi ulcer,please help.

The year before KoiZyme came on the market, we had our big learning year.
Tooooooooo many fish, toooooooo small a pond, toooooo small a filter, and
moved into the first of our imported koi. We were killing koi right and
left, injecting with antibiotics almost every day, one fish or another all
summer. Learned about Doc Johnson's book, a lot about water quality,
parasites, etc. Since KoiZyme came on the market, the number of times that
we have had an infection worthy of injections is very low. We also joined
the koi club and some of the members were heating their ponds to keep the
immunes systems active, so we started heating. The pond never goes below 60
and rarely below 70. I am still running a pond fulllllllll of koi, and have
had to increase filtration every year. I use the KoiZyme year round, and if
I see a scrape on a fish from them getting rambunctious and hitting the rock
edge, they get a double dose of KoiZyme.
--
RichToyBox

"Nedra" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Rich, You say you use KoiZyme religiously. Do you mean
to say you use it whether your fish need it or not?
I haven't started using it yet. No need to that I can see.

Nedra

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
news%mcc.194357$Cb.1743480@attbi_s51...
When Lymnozyme came on the market it was the greatest stuff. Tom Holder

of
KoiCare Kennels introduced the product to Doc Johnson, and that is the
information published. Tom has since taken the original product and

renamed
it KoiZyme. For a couple of years you could not find Lymnozyme, but it

is
now back. I am glad to see that someone is reporting good things about

it.
I have used the original Lymnozyme from the first advertisement that I

saw,
and now use KoiZyme religiously.
--
RichToyBox

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
m...
My Biggest Koi (18'') have started having ulcer since two month ago
and it is getting worse, I only captured him once and applied the
medicine, (trust me,it is very hard to capture a fish in 6000 gallon
pond) what should I do? (I do not have a quarantine tank yet) will

he
died from it or it will eventually recover? what else can I do?
My other fishes seems to be doing fine. (ammonia,nitrate (nitrite?)
all 0 )
Please advice.
I used a product that treated the fish without handling them called
LymoZyme. We were amazed how quickly it worked. In 2 weeks or so the
ulcers were healed over. I think you can find it online at

Koivet.com.
buy it locally. You add it to the pond water.
--
Carol....
"My house was clean last week, too bad you missed it."