Old 07-04-2004, 02:07 AM
shannie

Default Failed compster?

"Haphazard" wrote in message
news:LmHcc.37$QE6.11@newsfe1-win...
Hi
I have an 'Earth Machine' plastic composter, that has been in use for

maybe
3 years or so. I must admit to haveing neglected it for the last year, but
am currently refilling it. The problem is...it seems to have stopped, (or
indeed, never really got started)The bottom layers do not appear to be
degrading at all.
Should I wet it, or is there anything I can do to make it work, or work
faster? Main ingredients are grass cuttings, with a few weeds, odd hedge
trimmings, beech leaves etc. I seem to remember having some 'stuff' in a
bottle a while back, that was supposed to give it a kick start, but I cant
find it, and cannot find anyhting in the Garden centre.

Sorry it's not a more detailed answer but if you
try this link, you'll probably find all the info you need here.
http://tinyurl.com/2t7xb

Shannie