Old 07-04-2004, 05:33 AM
ben boorman

Default aphids

I'd avoid spraying them off in the evening. The water on the plants can
result in diseases you've never even heard of.... do it in the morning
so they can dry off before the heat of the day.

ben

Charlotte Payne wrote:
I'm in the bay area, I used bayer on my roses about 2 weeks back. This week
I noticed I had a rather heavy aphid infestation, so it doesn't seem to be
working. But I don't know if 2 weeks is enough time for to get soaked up
into the plant.

I liked ortho as well, it worked very well.

Sameer

Thanks, Sameer. I used Bayer about 3 weeks ago, so I'm not sure why it
doesn't work as quickly as the Ortho did (or what other ingredients the
Ortho had). I'm worried it won't work at all, which would be a shame.
I'll go back to hosing them off every night after work (which is the only
time I have to do it).

Charlotte