Old 07-04-2004, 01:02 PM
Bpyboy

Default coffee grounds?

Hi All,
Well, yesterday I turned my compost (first time for everything, I guess?), but
it was then I realized that old "Berkely Bob" from the local organic coffee
shop hooked me up with 10 gallons of organic coffee grounds! Ideally, I would
have mixed them in during the turning of the compost, but too late now!

So I was wondering, today i'm going to do a final till on my new garden spot
(well, from last year---I sheet composted TONS of garbage from the local
produce market, and tilled under a couple pickup loads of horse and pig bedding
to winter over). Can I just broadcast the stuff on the surface and till it
under? Or would it be a better idea to hang onto it until my next compost
turning (maybe in a week)?

Thanks,
John