Old 07-04-2004, 04:05 PM
escapee

Default organic fungus control

The problem with the photinias is systemic and I doubt anything topical will
work. Nothing, that I know of works on their fungal leaf spot situation. This
disease is in the soil.

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 22:14:26 GMT, (Babberney)
opined:

I'm trying to beat back a fungus problem in a shrub--I think it's
photinia. The top of the leaves have a washed-out, grayish
appearance. underneath is a sprinkling of brown spots. I'm thinking
this is a rust, but welcome other possibilities.

Anyway, assuming this is a fungal problem, what is the best way to
treat organically? I've heard cornmeal on soil, cornmeal soaked to
create a foliar spray, vinegar, baking soda, copper. Any of these
more likely to be successful? Any more gentle in case of contact with
client's baby?

TIA,
Keith
For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit
http://www.isa-arbor.com/home.asp.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www.treesaregood.com/