Old 06-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Babberney

Default organic fungus control

I'm trying to beat back a fungus problem in a shrub--I think it's
photinia. The top of the leaves have a washed-out, grayish
appearance. underneath is a sprinkling of brown spots. I'm thinking
this is a rust, but welcome other possibilities.

Anyway, assuming this is a fungal problem, what is the best way to
treat organically? I've heard cornmeal on soil, cornmeal soaked to
create a foliar spray, vinegar, baking soda, copper. Any of these
more likely to be successful? Any more gentle in case of contact with
client's baby?

TIA,
Keith
For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www.isa-arbor.com/home.asp.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www.treesaregood.com/
Old 07-04-2004, 12:04 AM
Victor Martinez

A diluted milk solution works really well, actually.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 07-04-2004, 01:32 AM
Scarlett

Victor, would the diluted milk work on my gardenias? How diluted does it
need to be?

Scarlett

Old 07-04-2004, 04:03 AM
Victor Martinez

Scarlett wrote:
Victor, would the diluted milk work on my gardenias? How diluted does it
need to be?

I don't see why not. About a cup and a half of milk in a gallon of
water. And you don't have to spray/breathe nasty stuff.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he