Old 07-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Roland Butter

Default 120=B0 symmetry

In article ,
says...
And it is a taxonomical grouping, not just a description of growth
habit. In otherwords, if a species is a dicotyledon (as the sunflower
is), then it is still a dicotyledon even if the odd aberrant individual
has an extra cotyledon
--
Kay Easton

Cor, hello Kay! Ain't seen you for years. Squid sends her love you and
Amynthas.

I suspected it was a sport - the internal structure of the seeds I've
eaten in the past has always been dicotyledonous.

Wonder if the extra leaf comes from a third structure in the seed or
whether it's from damage during germination. The seed-leaves were fairly
similar and evenly distributed, so my guess is that it was a three-fold
seed. I can't check the rest of the packet 'cos they came from the yoof
centre where the toddlers were planting 'em.