Old 08-04-2004, 05:32 AM
K Barrett

Default BLC Eva Marie Barnett

Funny! I just bought this clone too. Rumor has it that it won't flower as
well as it did when it got the FCC, speaking in terms of shape. But in
looking it up on wildcatt I see it has an HCC as well as an AM.

The FCC description reads "Three flowers on one inflorescence; sepals and
petals deep orange, almost solidly suffused with dark red; labellum deep
redpurple with deep gold eyes suffused and lined with red; beautifully
colored and shaped flowers with a slightly bad growth habit." (Thanks Rob!)

Rumor has it that the flower was manpulated in to its FCC form, but that
contention may also be sour grapes. Like I said I bought this plant last
weekend too, so I'm a sucker for it too.

Anyway, Light is always the key. Failing that, if it is overgrown you may
need to repot it in order to provide the best support to the plant. Again,
if you have good roots and the right light it can't help but bloom. I'd
keep it in specimen size, putting it in the next size larger pot with a
smaller net pot inverted inside the root mass to provide additional air to
the roots so they don't rot out.

K Barrett

"Keha11" wrote in message
A friend gave me a very large overgrown plant of Blc. Eva Marie
Barnett'Maginficent Watermelon Gold',FCC/AOS saying that she had a hard

time
getting it to bloom. Any suggestions for growing this in N.Florida to get

it
to bloom? KH