Old 08-04-2004, 07:02 AM
jammer

Default the cicada invasion

I would just like to say that I would totally FREAK! if there was a
cicada invasion here! Everything covered including people? YUCK!!
When i first read the original post, i had to find out if it was going
to be here so i would know when i was going to california for a visit!
But luckily it isn't expected here. I read that dogs and cats love the
bugs, will gorge themselves and then vomit. They are not poisonous but
apparently they are like "flying candy" to animals.

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:15:12 -0500, "~ Windsong ~"
wrote:

"*muffin*" wrote in message
alright, I heard of the BIGGIE cicada invasion coming this year,, (

we had
big one 5 yrs ago,, but I guess this is the mother of all

invasions).

since these things are soooooooo stupid, they will inevitably end

up in
the
pond. uh,, will the frogs & fish eat them? or do I need to be on

top of
things & pull them out?

I remember the NOISE from the last cicada invasion! Every day for

hours and
hours they sung their love song.... I didn't have the ponds back

then.
Everything on earth seemed to be covered with them - including

people.

Today I was working in the flower beds along side the ponds and

tossing in
the fat juicy earthworms. They love worms and follow me around to

pond
waiting for more to be tossed into the water. :-)