Old 06-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Ka30P

Default the cicada invasion

The frogs will eat them as long as they are still moving. But sounds like the
fish will get them first!

kathy :-)
Old 06-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Ka30P

Old 07-04-2004, 02:34 AM
~ Windsong ~

"*muffin*" wrote in message
alright, I heard of the BIGGIE cicada invasion coming this year,, ( we had

big one 5 yrs ago,, but I guess this is the mother of all invasions).

since these things are soooooooo stupid, they will inevitably end up in

the
pond. uh,, will the frogs & fish eat them? or do I need to be on top of
things & pull them out?

I remember the NOISE from the last cicada invasion! Every day for hours and
hours they sung their love song.... I didn't have the ponds back then.
Everything on earth seemed to be covered with them - including people.

Today I was working in the flower beds along side the ponds and tossing in
the fat juicy earthworms. They love worms and follow me around to pond
waiting for more to be tossed into the water. :-)
--
Carol....
"My house was clean last week, too bad you missed it."

Old 08-04-2004, 07:02 AM
jammer

I would just like to say that I would totally FREAK! if there was a
cicada invasion here! Everything covered including people? YUCK!!
When i first read the original post, i had to find out if it was going
to be here so i would know when i was going to california for a visit!
But luckily it isn't expected here. I read that dogs and cats love the
bugs, will gorge themselves and then vomit. They are not poisonous but
apparently they are like "flying candy" to animals.

Old 09-04-2004, 05:04 AM
~ Windsong ~

"jammer" wrote in message

I would just like to say that I would totally FREAK! if there was a
cicada invasion here! Everything covered including people? YUCK!!

* It was disgusting and I'll never forget it. We couldn't even walk from
the door to the cars without having several land and crawl on us. Driving
with the windows open wasn't possible. They'd fly right in. The outdoor
furniture was full of them and useless. I had never in my life seen
anything like it. And maybe a few miles away there were almost none. But
living at the edge of a lightly forested area at the time made it hell. I'm
not squeamish but when such huge bugs land in my hair and on my clothing....
yeeeeech! :-(

--
Carol....
"It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere."

Old 09-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Ka30P

After reading all this I had a dream
about big praying mantis flying around
our house. EEEkkkk!

kathy :-)
Old 09-04-2004, 06:34 PM
jammer

I can't imagine that! I couldn't leave the house! I dont like
anything that swarms me!

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 22:51:33 -0500, "~ Windsong ~"
wrote:

.. .

Old 09-04-2004, 11:33 PM
~ Windsong ~

"GaneaRowenna" wrote in message
I live in the high desert in Nevada and have never seen a cicada, as far

as I
know. But we do have Mormon Crickets. These are truly disgusting. About

2
inches long, they eat their own dead, and swarm over everything. They eat

it
all as they go, lawn, vegetables, flowers, even the house. Last year was

one
of the worst invasion ever. We hope and pray that this year does not

bring the
same.
Shawn

=====================
I have heard of these crickets or grasshoppers. They sound every bit as bad
as these cicadas - but the cicadas don't eat everything in their path. Then
we have dead cicadas everywhere, covered with ants....
--
Carol....
"Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again..."

Old 09-04-2004, 11:33 PM
~ Windsong ~

"jammer" wrote in message

I can't imagine that! I couldn't leave the house! I dont like
anything that swarms me!

==============================
During the worst part of the invasion I only left the house when I had to -
for groceries! Then I was back inside. When we would open the door to
leave a few would always fly in. I hope I never see anything like it again.
It was right out of a Alfred Hitchcock movie - think "The Birds."

Old 11-04-2004, 07:02 AM
jammer

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 17:13:14 -0500, "~ Windsong ~"
wrote:

[...]

Oh NO! Now i have visions of ANTS everywhere!
(I have this slight phobia to swarming ants)

Old 11-04-2004, 08:32 AM
~ Windsong ~

"jammer" wrote in message

Oh NO! Now i have visions of ANTS everywhere!
(I have this slight phobia to swarming ants)

===============================
Well fortunately those dead ant ridden cicadas were all outside. We would
catch any that flew indoors and toss them back outside. Anything swarming
makes my skin crawl. :þ
--
Carol....
"Ring bell for maid service...if no answer do it yourself."
My Webpages:
http://www.heartoftn.net/users/windsong/index.html

[IBC] Cicada report-- frontlines David J. Bockman Bonsai 6 19-05-2004 04:07 AM
[IBC] cicada Lisa Miller Bonsai 3 12-04-2004 08:33 PM
the cicada invasion *muffin* Ponds 1 10-04-2004 06:04 AM
Cicada wasps, apricot trees, cherry trees Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 5 27-08-2003 09:32 AM
woodpeckers, grackles, etc Cicada wasps, Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 0 20-08-2003 11:02 AM