Old 08-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Sara Calm

Default Microwave Steriliser

X-No-Archiver "Peter Ramm" wrote:

From Thu Apr 8 10:10:08 2004
From: Peter Ramm
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Microwave Steriliser
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 23:39:56 +0100

A friend of mine is using an old microwave to sterilise soil before
using for cuttings/seeds etc. in his greenhouse.

Stop being such a tight arse and buy some.

Is it worth doing?

Only if your soil is particulary infested with vermin
but I would imagine that you will have to get the soil
roasting hot for around thirty seconds or more. Nasty
bugs and insects can be very hardy critters. They'll
take 100 times more gamma radiation than old todgers
such as yourself can for example.

Will it kill off "good things" as well as bad?

Of course it will todge old man!

Any comments?

Yes, this is the second time you posted this drivel.
Your memory must be shot old man.

--
Pete Ramm

Stamp out Spam - See my anti-spam pages:
http://www.spamfreezone.org