Old 08-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Rob Halgren

Default Pot labels (more organization)

So, Wendy got me thinking (and Al didn't help)... Does anybody use
labels (the stick on kind) on pots directly? That would save Al's
problem of customers bringing him labels. I see the benefit in having
old fashioned stick labels in pots as well, but it might be nice to mark
the pots. I don't reuse my pots anyway, and if I did, I suppose I could
just paste a new label over the old one.

I hear that there are water/chemical resistant labels out there. But I
don't know what works the best. For that matter, I see all these nice
computer printed labels on orchids, but I have no idea how they do that
(some of them last a long time). Anybody want to share some tips?

And, as a final thought, if the pots are plastic and the labels are
plastic, you could always staple one to the other... That way when your
customer pulls the label out of the pot to look at it, she ends up
getting the whole pot. There might be some training value in that, too.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit