Old 08-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Ka30P

Default Lotus Repotted

I brought home some lotus tubers
from jj. One with nice growing tips.
I put them in the tub in which I grew
a lotus from seed. That lotus made it through
two summers and then we had a nasty
freeze in October and that was that.
I have high hopes for this one.
I will pay close attention to the weather
next fall and will have black plastic and bubble
wrap on hand to tuck it in when needed.

Also my eldest son saw something jump into
the frog bog this morning. Didn't catch exactly
what it was but hoping it is one of last year's tree frog babies and not the
lady bullfrog who
showed up last fall - she will have to be caught and moved if she is the
hopper.

jj, another ponding friend and I have all ordered
tropicals, probably to arrive in May.
Mine is going in another deck tub, a small container variety. My first
tropical and I'm excited!! I think it is going to be purple (don't even know
the name which is par for my flower id-ing abilities!)

kathy :-)