Old 09-04-2004, 01:33 AM
P Winters

Default Hiding the Skimmer

Hi all, Flowerlady her in mid Mich, z 5. I`ve never posted here before.
In answer to pixi`s question regarding hiding skimmer. When ever I have
something to hide that is around the pond, I often use cocomat or sheet
moss until I can get something to grow there. In early spring I will
put the cocomat on top of skimmer and then set a pot of pansies on it.
When planting time comes I plant margarita sweet potato vine on one side
of the skimmer and as it grows let some trail over the edge of pond and
train the rest to go over the top of skimmer. It does a good job of
hiding it, you just have to be gentle when you move it to get into the
skimmer. i`d like to hear from other ponders how they hide theirs.