Old 09-04-2004, 06:11 AM
Ted Byers

Default Importing orchids into Canada, Ted

Hi Pam,

Thanks, but I already did contact him at Wendy's suggestion. He was quite
helpful.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Ted

"profpam" wrote in message ...
Ted,

You might check with David Hunt (David Hunt ) in

Houston,
Texas as he deals with India imports once or twice a year. Ask him if he

sends
to Canada. Nevertheless, this is just a suggestion.

. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

Ted Byers wrote:

"Don" wrote in message
Ted, I found this site interesting. It deals with importing Orchids

into
Canada by hobby growers.
http://www.canadianorchidcongress.ca/import.html

Thanks Don. That site, and the sites to which it links, was useful and
encouraging. Now all I have to do is find out if India allows orchids

to be
exported, and who the CITES Management Authority is in India. I am sure

the
Canadian High Commission will be helpful with this.

Thanks again,

Ted