Old 09-04-2004, 07:02 AM
Fay

Default lawnmower for a woman?

"linda" wrote in message
om...
I'm almost 50, have about 3/4 of an acre, with very few trees. I need
a lawnmower that will motivate me to mow! I have a push mower from
Sears, with big wheels in the back, but it's getting too hard for me
to push it around.
Can anyone suggest a mower that won't make me dread mowing the lawn?
How much money should I expect to spend?

I'm 68 and I bought a Honda. I bought the one with a cluch so I can stop
and pick up something, the blade stops but the mower keep running. It's
very easy to start. I only mow less than 1/4 acre and have a lot of trees
to mow around. I find that if I mow often it is much easier. I set the
speed at what is my speed for that day. If you have steep hills get one
with the big wheels in the back. If your yard is flat get one with small
wheels on the back. The big wheels are harder to turn and go around trees
on a flat lawn.