Old 09-04-2004, 08:32 AM
George

Default Advice sought from Pond People

"rtk" wrote in message

SjT wrote:
And how to stop the lining from creasing? (Does this affect the amount
of blanket weed if more creases are evident?)

I think i didn't stretch it enough when i done it last time.

Also what is the best way to build a pond that has water right up to
the brickwork so you cant see any of the lining?

If this is too much help to ask for, i would appreciate any websites
any of you guys have.

I don't think my website is going to be very helpful, but it does have
pics of several stages of building the pond.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/...wPondPage.html

The lining doesn't get its creases out; the water pressure flattens them
and algae covers the whole thing, so you won't be aware of them.

I hope things start working out smoothly for you.

Ruth Kazez

p.s. Crossposting to football isn't a good idea.

Use a line level, which can be had at any hardware store. Run a line across the
hole. Level it. Then measure down from the line to where you need to dig.
When the measurements match across the bottom, you are level, or at least level
enough.