Old 09-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Charlie Campney

Default Kentucky Sweet Corn

Thanks for your reply,

Could I plant mine later so they aren't pollinating at the same time?
How much later? The field corn is really close. I don't think you
could go anywhere in the county and be over two miles away from field
corn, there is that much of it.

Regards,
Charlie in Kentucky

Judy wrote in message ...
Charlie Campney wrote:
Gretings,

Here in South Cent Kentucky, there are hundreds of acres all around me
that are already sown in field corn. If I sow sweet corn in my garden
now, is there a chance of cross pollination? And what effect will that
have on my corn?

Thanks,
Charlie in Kentucky

You need about a two mile separation to ensure your sweet corn is not
cross-pollinated by commercial field corn