Old 09-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Unique Too

Default I think I did a B-A-A-A-D thing ...

Good luck finding any of the rugosas on Fortuniana. If you do, be sure to let
me know where they can be found. I emailed Dr. Manners and he doesn't know of
a source. His suggestion was to learn to graft. I've tried a few times,
always without success. But being able to grow one of these might make it
worth the effert to keep trying.
I don't want any once bloomers either, too little bang for the buck in our
climate. But I understand some of the hybrid rugosas, including rugosa Rubra,
bloom thoughout the season. I want one because of the unique foliage. So
different from any other roses I grow.

I will look for Hansa on fortuniana. Even though
I am not attracted to once-bloomers, r. rugosa rubra is attractive
to me because of its hips. Do you grow it?