Old 09-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Scarlett

Default Live Oak "molting" Wondering

The Live Oak was there first--it is enormous! Much taller than my two-story
house--covers my backyard and half of my neighbor's! The pool was built in
1983--not by us--and there was no other place to put it, literally! It is
my entire "backyard," and is about six feet from my back door.

We have these problems every year, but this is the worst it has been since
we bought the house in 1996. I don't know if I will ever be able to get the
stains out of the pool without draining it. My husband has suggested the
"chainsaw" approach every year. :-) Aside from being totally against City
Ordinance, I do love the tree and the shade it provides to the house,
although not to the pool--I had to buy a heater for the water! Can you
imagine--in our Texas sauna!

I'm just wondering how much longer I have to wait before cleaning it will
not be a waste of time and effort.

Scarlett

m...