Old 09-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Mike

Default Soil warming cable query

How about

http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/P...iProductID=320

for starters?

Mike

--
H.M.S.Newfoundland Association Reunion Hayling Island April 23rd - 26th
Royal Naval Reunion Eastbourne May 7th - 10th
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Reunion Bracklesham Bay May 21st - 24th
Nat.Service (RAF) Assoc. Cosford Parade / Social Weekend 25th - 28th June
"garden enthusiast" wrote in message
I'm planning to make a propagation box using soil warming
cable to provide bottom heat to the cuttings. Trouble is,
I am unsure what type of product I need or where to source
from (none of the local DIY stores sell soil warming cable).

The propagation box would be around 3ft width, by 6ft length.
Wooden frame. Sharp sand inside. How much cable do I need
for this, and how closely do you fit it together ? Is a
thermostat strictly necessary ?

Roughly how much does it cost to run these things ?

I've tried searching kayshorticulture.com catalogue (after
reading recommendations in this newsgroup), but can't find
a listing for soil warming cable.

Thanks !