Old 10-04-2004, 12:33 AM
Ron

Default Getting rid of a hedge

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 23:01:26 -0600, Janice
wrote:

Ortho Shrub and Brush killer. Stuff kills elm trees! Cut it as close
to the ground as possible, paint the freshly cut surface and any
exposed bark with it full strength, never had any regrowth. Elm trees
are stubborn to kill, so I'm impressed. If it's too short to cut
again to get a freshly cut surface, there are dilution rates for
spraying, but as I've never used it as a spray, I cannot attest to
it's effectiveness there, but I'm sure you'd have to allow some
regrowth in order to spray it .. for it to take the spray down to the
root zone in order to kill it.

Janice

Thanks Janice and all the others who kindly replied. What a variety of
suggestions! The guy that cut it down offered to come over next year
and dig it out by hand if it was still a problem. I have a feeling
that by the time he was finished, he would own the house!