Old 10-04-2004, 02:32 AM
RichToyBox

Default Bead Filter, External Pump, and Bottom Drain.

There are two commercial ones that are retrofit type, one the AquaWizard,
and the other Tetra. I have mine as just a down facing pipe coming down the
side of the pond into the deepest spot. It works. The koi move the debris
to the low spot, and the lift from the bottom will pick up even rocks from
plant baskets that have been sent down there.
--
RichToyBox

"Jim" wrote in message
I like bead filters but you really need some form
of settling tank between the bottom drain and the
bead filter.

Thanks for the input. A local pond guru suggested the same thing (a
settling tank for solids).

Do you have any suggestions on an inside-the-pond bottom drain?

Jim
Zone 8a - Dallas, Texas
Pond, Veggie Filter, Pond Maintenance & Pond Tour Pics:
http://community.webshots.com/user/dallas75248