Old 10-04-2004, 04:33 AM
blank

Default chilli/garlic spray - pet deterrent

"Trish Brown" wrote in message

It was called 'Keep Off My Garden' and it was some kind of powder or

crystal, I
think. When you water it in, it eventually turns into an awful (but

odourless)
jelly-like substance. When the cat came to cr@p in the garden, it would

lift its
paws in horror and depart abruptly, parking some way off to lick itself

clean.
Apparently, something in the jelly gave it a bellyache, because the

facials on
the cat were quite hilarious to behold! Poor thing!

I was thinking, even if you can't get the same product, plain old gelatine

ought
to do the trick. You could mix up a concentrated batch (don't want it too
sloppy), half-set it (maybe even add something like chili powder) and then
spread it over your garden bed. I doubt it'd do much on fencetops

(probably dry
out?), but it could be worth a try?

In my case, the cat learned within two or three days that our garden was a
bugger of a place and stopped visiting. I was happy, the neighbours were

happy
and the poor cat was probably very, very constipated.

HTH,

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Yes, Ive used this product recently--bought it from Bunnings. And it works
well--keeps dogs and cats off the grass around my place. Only problem is
that it is soluble in water, so you need to spread it around after watering
the lawn.