Old 10-04-2004, 06:04 AM
Moontanman

Default the cicada invasion

since these things are soooooooo stupid, they will inevitably end up in the
pond. uh,, will the frogs & fish eat them? or do I need to be on top of
things & pull them out?

Fish that can swallow them absolutely love them. They are the best fish bait
imaginable. When I was a kid in WVa there was a cicada out break. On day in one
spot I caught three gunny sacks full of channel catfish in a little over an
hour. My hand and arms were so hurting and tired I had to get help to bring
them all home. Everything was eating them like they were going out of style.
They must taste great, I wonder what few of them roasted up like shrimp on the
barbie would taste like! Where ever there is a tree over the water in a river
or lake the fish will boil the water trying to out do each other to get these
things. I wish I lived where you do. It's almost worth taking a vacation to be
there to fish while they are out!

Moon
I breed dwarf crayfish for planted aquariums and grow trees in aquariums.
My groups