Old 10-04-2004, 05:34 AM
*muffin*

Default the cicada invasion

alright, I heard of the BIGGIE cicada invasion coming this year,, ( we had a
big one 5 yrs ago,, but I guess this is the mother of all invasions).

since these things are soooooooo stupid, they will inevitably end up in the
pond. uh,, will the frogs & fish eat them? or do I need to be on top of
things & pull them out?

Old 10-04-2004, 06:04 AM
Moontanman

since these things are soooooooo stupid, they will inevitably end up in the
pond. uh,, will the frogs & fish eat them? or do I need to be on top of
things & pull them out?

Fish that can swallow them absolutely love them. They are the best fish bait
imaginable. When I was a kid in WVa there was a cicada out break. On day in one
spot I caught three gunny sacks full of channel catfish in a little over an
hour. My hand and arms were so hurting and tired I had to get help to bring
them all home. Everything was eating them like they were going out of style.
They must taste great, I wonder what few of them roasted up like shrimp on the
barbie would taste like! Where ever there is a tree over the water in a river
or lake the fish will boil the water trying to out do each other to get these
things. I wish I lived where you do. It's almost worth taking a vacation to be
there to fish while they are out!

Moon
I breed dwarf crayfish for planted aquariums and grow trees in aquariums.
My groups

[IBC] Cicada report-- frontlines David J. Bockman Bonsai 6 19-05-2004 04:07 AM
[IBC] cicada Lisa Miller Bonsai 3 12-04-2004 08:33 PM
the cicada invasion Ka30P Ponds 11 11-04-2004 08:32 AM
Cicada wasps, apricot trees, cherry trees Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 5 27-08-2003 09:32 AM
woodpeckers, grackles, etc Cicada wasps, Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 0 20-08-2003 11:02 AM