Old 10-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Pond Newbie

Default snails air/water breathers/shipping

I have always had ramshorns in my aquariums.

I love to watch them glide so effortlessly around.

It seems that the big snails are going CRAZY in the big pond. I found another cache of
eggs this morning.

I know this sounds awful, but if the koi don't eat them, I am going to have some serious
population problems if this keeps up!

DeAnna
--
http://lamb.iswiz.com/pond.php
If you remember that I prefer my spam without cheese-

"Ka30P" wrote in message

DeAnna,

I love snails.
I have a pondsill in my kitchen window sill.
It holds various critters from time to time.
Right now it has frog eggs in it.

But there are always some snails.
They feed on the algae fuzz that grows on the rocks and on the side.
And they lay eggs on the glass. When the sum comes through the glass you can
see the individual itty baby snails in the egg jell.
With a maginfiying glass you can see if even better.
Soon the little fellow start moving on their own.

I always throw in an empty snail shell that I've found in the pond filter so
they have some of the minerals they need for their shells.

When they get bigger they are fun to watch them eat their way across the glass.

kathy :-)