Old 11-04-2004, 12:03 AM
jazzy

Default golden eunymus

"Sunflower" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
news:2wEcc.83473$w54.483363@attbi_s01...
Hi
I have a row of golden eunymus (spelling?) anyways, several have long

shoots
growing out and I was wondering if these are suckers or should I keep

them?
thanks

It's not grafted, therefore it's not a sucker. It's just new growth,

trying
to get to be the size the shrub wants to be. Most people hack them into
such tiny balls and don't let them become what nature intended. I have a
mature one that's 9' tall and 3' wide and is glorious.

Sunflower
MS 7b

I agree with sunflower...many people hurt the natural shape of Euonymus
fotunei with hard pruning...selective hand pruning looks much better if it
is necessary at all. Those long stems that shoot up can sometimes cling to
a brick wall which can be a plus or a minus depending on your view.