Old 06-04-2004, 10:02 PM
John

Default golden eunymus

Hi
I have a row of golden eunymus (spelling?) anyways, several have long shoots
growing out and I was wondering if these are suckers or should I keep them?
thanks

--
"Cheap work isn't good and good work isn't cheap"
-

Old 07-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Sunflower

"John" wrote in message
Hi
I have a row of golden eunymus (spelling?) anyways, several have long

shoots
growing out and I was wondering if these are suckers or should I keep

them?
thanks

It's not grafted, therefore it's not a sucker. It's just new growth, trying
to get to be the size the shrub wants to be. Most people hack them into
such tiny balls and don't let them become what nature intended. I have a
mature one that's 9' tall and 3' wide and is glorious.

Sunflower
MS 7b

Old 11-04-2004, 12:03 AM
jazzy

"Sunflower" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
Hi
I have a row of golden eunymus (spelling?) anyways, several have long

shoots
growing out and I was wondering if these are suckers or should I keep

them?
thanks

It's not grafted, therefore it's not a sucker. It's just new growth,

trying
to get to be the size the shrub wants to be. Most people hack them into
such tiny balls and don't let them become what nature intended. I have a
mature one that's 9' tall and 3' wide and is glorious.

Sunflower
MS 7b

I agree with sunflower...many people hurt the natural shape of Euonymus
fotunei with hard pruning...selective hand pruning looks much better if it
is necessary at all. Those long stems that shoot up can sometimes cling to
a brick wall which can be a plus or a minus depending on your view.

[IMG] code is On

Golden barrel cactus (potted plant) No-Name Gardening 3 02-04-2003 06:44 AM
Cornus Mas "Golden Glory" in Zone 4a? Bert Hyman Gardening 0 31-03-2003 08:56 PM
[IBC] golden larch Colin Horn Bonsai 0 26-03-2003 06:44 AM
Golden orfe deformity Jeremy Ponds (alternative) 1 17-03-2003 02:20 AM
FREE Clematis seeds - Radar Love (Tangutica, golden) Kevin Zaleski Gardening 0 26-02-2003 01:39 AM